- A sign at the inaccessible restroom should point the direction to the accessible restroom.
- There should be signs designating restrooms as accessible at the accessible restrooms
- The text characters should contrast with their background and be raised. There should be Braille.
- The sign should be mounted on the wall on the latch side of the door.
- The baseline of the lowest character should be at least 48 inches above the floor and the baseline of the highest character should be no more than 60 inches above the floor.