To understand the required number of accessible parking spaces needed at your business or facility, please refer to the chart below:
Now that you know how many spaces are required, all accessible parking should adhere to the following standards:
- Accessible parking spaces should be at least 96 inches wide (minimum) with a 60 inch wide access aisle
- Van accessible spaces should be 132 inches wide with a 60 inch wide access aisle–OR–96 inches wide with a 96 inch wide access aisle
- An access aisle should be marked and connected to an accessible route
- Signs should be posted at a minimum of 60 inches above the ground and should display the International Symbol of Accessibility (ISA). Van spaces should be marked as such.
- Slopes for accessible parking should be no steeper than 1:48
Click Here for Interactive Standards Map for Parking »